The Master Will Appear - L.A. Witt, Michael Ferraiuolo

A wonderful age gap romance with a healthy dose of BDSM. What’s not to love?

Misha is a college professor, an experienced fencer and a dominant. He already has three divorces under his belt and has been single for a while, yet he is quite content and hasn’t lost his general optimism.

Unlike the much younger college student Ryan who has grown up with a family of people who resent him for existing and where relationships and marriages serve a purpose rather than being about love and connection. In other words, for all Ryan knows, love is Hollywood invention. One he has never no experience with in real life.

Ryan and Misha meet through fencing and Misha starts giving Ryan fencing lessons. They don’t like each other much in the beginning, and yet there is some kind of pull. Ryan doesn’t really understand his attraction to the older man, but he is ok with some no-strings-fun. Except, once Misha puts him on his knees it all turns in to so much more as Ryan discovers his submissive side.

The relationship grows and we get insanely hot scenes – with and without D/s – and we get heartbreaking, tender moments. I loved all of it.

And I think most of all I absolutely loved this example of how a good narrator can take a great book and make it even more amazing. Michael Ferraiuolo absolutely nailed it; both his Misha and Ryan voices were perfect.