Son of Money - Brandon Witt

Randall Morgan grew up in an extremely wealthy family with the expectation he follow whatever path his father made out for him.

Randall’s parents rank very high on the list of disgusting people. There is a lot of potential for a rant here, but I’ll just leave one quote from the father to Morgan’s brother, Dustin. It pretty much says it all about ‘Daddy dearest’:

Dad didn’t look at her. “Dustin, I thought I’ve made it perfectly clear that you need to keep your wife under control.”

So, yeah. Randall did not want to stick around his controlling familiy. He has actually had the audacity to chose his own path in life at the cost of having any access to the family fortune. He has as little contact with his family as possible. And he gets by just fine; his photography career is about to take off, he gets to spend time with his niece – the only reason he is sticking around and hasn’t moved far away from his family, and he meets Noah again. The boy he shared a first kiss with so long ago.

Randall and Noah reconnect and things are great until secrets come out and rumors start flying. In a big way – the Morgan name guarantees plenty of press coverage. It’s an emotional rollercoaster ride and Randall struggles to find his footing and not mess things up with Noah in the process.

The book has my favorite kind of ending where the good guys win and the bad guys are left with nothing.