Beyond Duty (Expanded Edition) - SJD Peterson

Why did I wait so long to read this? So glad I finally did.

Mac and Gunny have served over twenty years in the USMC. They have been lovers almost as long. Something no one could ever know about due to DADT. They are best friends, they have each other's backs and their relationship is solid.
Now retirement is lurking around the corner and Gunny suddenly feels uncertain, no longer sure of his place in Mac's life now that everything will change and they don't have to hide anymore. Maybe Mac stayed with him because it was convenient and there was no risk of Gunny outing him since Gunny himself was in the same situation? But now? Mac can have anyone, right?
I hurt for Gunny when these insecurities surfaced. Luckily, Mac did not take long to make quite clear he had no intention of going anywhere.

There is not a lot of drama in this book. Just two guys preparing for the next phase of their lives which includes coming out to families and friends and taking their relationship out in the open.
I absolutely loved these guys. I loved how solid they were, how after so many years they know each other inside out. Nothing like two hot, grown men with some life experience (yeah, I admit, I feel kind of too old for most college boy stories...!) And the passion between them is palpable. Boy, these guys are hot together. I wish we'd gotten to see a bit more of the BDSM aspect of the relationship, but I have a feeling I will get that in Mauled (Beyond Duty, book 2).