Northern Star - Ethan Day, Jason Frazier

It's Christmas time and Deacon is having a seriously bad day. Which is saying a lot since he has generally not exactly been a winner in life's lottery.
As he is drowning his sorrows in a hotel bar, Steve walks in and strikes up a conversation. Steve is quite a bit older than Deacon (17 years, I think it was) and fresh out of the closet. The two spend an intense night together - the connection between them somehow deeper than either of them expected from a one-night stand.
But Deacon has shit to deal with and the two lose contact after that first night.
Months later, they run into each other again and reconnect. They both want more than a fling but Deacon still has shit to deal with and a past that has left him unable to believe that good things can happen to him. Luckily, he has people in his life willing to fight for him so it all works out in the end.
I liked the story and the characters a lot; the cute kid did not take over the story, the very nasty parent was not suddenly forgiven in the end (one of my peeves - I cannot stand it when bad people suddenly do a one-eighty and all is forgiven), and Steve's co-workers trying show their support for their newly gay boss by including gay topics into their usual banter and sex-talk was just hilarious.
The added bonus of the whole thing, of course, was the narration by Jason Frazier. The man is a master at the steamy stuff (well, we already knew that) but what really stood out for me in this one, were the tearful voices. Simply amazing.