The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)

The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2) - M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea I wasn't too eager to read this book once I found out it was Nick's story. We got a glimpse of him in Moonlight Becomes You and it was not pretty. I certainly didn't like him.
He is completely submerged in his the sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll lifestyle. Fucking everyt body he can get his hands on - male or female - with absolutely no regards for the person within that body. He never remembers their names and never spends the night. He has never had feelings for anyone and regards his brother's relationship with his husband with something almost resembling disgust. Not a very likeable person.

Still, I loved the first book, so I figured the authors would somehow 'fix' Nick for me, and they did.

After a total fuck up that even his high-prized lawyers could not make disappear, he ends up in rehab where he meets Luka.
Now, Luka I absolutely adored. He is like an out and proud ray of sunshine. The two obviously clash but with time even Nick cannot resist Luka's kindness and overall sweet persona. He realizes that Luka is probably the only person in his life who doesn't have any interest in Nick, the rock star, but who simply wants to be his friend.

Friendship turns into more, bringing out a much nicer version of Nick. Once we get to see him outright vulnerable at the thought of how much Luka has come to mean to him, even I was lost and had to admit that he was one of the good guys.

But things are never that easy and Nick has serious problem finding the balance between his rock star image and the man who just wants to be with Luka. So he screws up - big time. And more than once. So there is quite a bit of hurt before the grand gestures are pulled out to save the day. Just perfect.