Brit Boys: With Toys

Brit Boys: With Toys - Ashe Barker, M.K. Elliott, Lucy Felthouse, Lily Harlem, Ashley Lister, Sarah Masters, Tabitha Rayne, K.D. Grace Hard Riders By Ashe Barker
3 stars
Hot guys on motorbikes and some nice toys. But the end was very abrupt. It was like there was an epilogue missing.

All Roped Up By M K Elliott
4 stars
This one was hot! A bare-knuckle fighter quite knowledgeable in the art of shibari and a young reporter completely new to that kind of kink. Let's just say, Alex takes to the ropes like a fish to water. And yeah, I do like ropes on my boys so this one was right up my alley.

Doctor’s Orders By Lucy Felthouse
4 stars
Long-time lovers away for the weekend on a birthday celebration. Kink included. I did have to google the penis plug, though!

Toys for Boys By K D Grace
4 stars
Will and Doc go on a hike to test some new gadgets. Including a hightech camera which, obviously, can be used to film things other than just pretty landscapes. Nice mix of sweet and dirty. And I did like how the author's task of writing this story was woven into it.

Mile High Kink Club By Lily Harlem
3 stars
Rhodri and Darius use a matchmaking service to help them fine The One. That works out just fine. Very likeable characters but the ending was too abrupt.

Open Mike By Ashley Lister
4 stars
This one started out with an evening of poetry readings in a pub. I don't 'get' poetry at all but luckily that was not required here. It is used as the shared interest bringing Ken and Mike together. There ex-boyfriends both had a brief appearance in a way I didn't much care for, but the very last scene/paragraph saved the story for me in the end.

I Get You By Sarah Masters
4 stars
Morton has had a thing for Warren for ages but being Warren's boss he cannot really do anything about it. Luckily Warren steps up and throws down the gauntlet. Morton is stunned at first but recovers quickly figuring it's just one more example of Warren's self-assured approach to life. So they head down to Cornwall for a week of both work and leasure. There is a lot of back and forth with both of them weaving between self-confidence and insecurity. I couldn't quite decide if it was funny or annoying. But once they made their way through to their true selves they were sweet together - with no qualms about jumping in with both feet on the topic of new toys.

The Guitar By Tabitha Rayne
4 stars
A guitar as a sex toy? That's definitely a new one for me. Apart from that this is probably the story in this anthology with the most depth. Even the tone in the writing was more serious as it took us through topics like self-loathing, guilt, and, self-improvement.
Ok, this sounds heavier than it really is. The story is too short for things to actually get depressing but enough to add a little bit of drama and some insight to the characters.